Tuesday, December 1, 2009

In Search of Mr. Darcy

24 November 2009

Steph and I love love love the new version of Pride and Prejudice. Therefore, we couldn't visit England without stalking out his house. The movie used Chatsworth House, the home of the Dukes and Duchesses of Devonshire in the Peak District.

So we got a hostel in Sheffield nearby and the next morning it was a short bus ride to Chatsworth!!

It was all decorated for Christmas.

The large hall leading was gorgeous! Here's the beautiful ceiling.
This is the room you see Lizzy walk through when they first get to Darcy's house! Here I am wondering where Mr. Darcy is :( Not under the Christmas tree!

They had some fun period costumes and wigs for kids at the top of the stairs. We tried some stuff on. The old people thought we were adorable!!

Lovely dining room

We walked through the amazing room of sculptures that Lizzy did!! If only they'd had the fake bust of Darcy!! Here are the ones they actually had--lots seen from the movie!!!

I loved this big sweet guy!!

We got our first mince pies with mulled wine. Sooo good!!

It was pretty wet but we loved all the gardens!



C'mon! Who WOULDN'T go looking for that face!!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, now I'm jealous. I just finished reading Pride and Prejudice and now I need McFadden!!! "I lov love I love you..."...insert girly squeal here!!!

    ReplyDelete